Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 13 (7/6/2015)

Hey everyone! 
This week was changes, I am now in a new area, Yukyry! Pronounced (jew-coo-rue) Its awesome!
 It is a lot different than Pedro Juan, a lot less wealthy and more country. I love it. Its how I imagined Paraguay to be. I have a new companion from Peru, her name is Hermana Diaz. 
In this area they speak a lot more Guarani.... which I don't speak haha but it'll help me learn, hopefully!
 We visited a family that is less active and their daughter showed me around her yard, and introduced me to every plant and the clothes that were hanging to dry.... and I understood none of it. She only spoke in Guarani! haha it was crazy I just said a lot of "mhm!" and "en serio!?".  
This area is a lot bigger we have to take collectivos everyday which are buses, that could blow up at any second, to visit the people. Its a new experience! Humbling and great. 
I hope everyone is doing well! 
Happy Birthday Braidee and Gordon!!! and happy late 4th of July!! 
Miss you all!
 Thank you for your love, support and prayers! 
Hermana Speakman


No comments:

Post a Comment