Monday, April 18, 2016

week 53 (4/18/2016)

Hi everyone! 

I hope you all had a great week... sorry I have very little time haha but I would just like to share a little story about the sister that I have attached a photo of us with. (don't mind our faces yes we just woke up). This sister, shared a great lesson this week with us.
 It was her birthday on Wednesday. She wasn't expecting to celebrate it, their family has been going through some hard times and she has been feeling fairly alone. However, they surprised her with bringing the whole family to her house and sharing dinner together. It came time for presents and her great granddaughter ran up to her extremely excited! 
She said "grandma grandma! this is from me" and gave her a little box wrapped up in wrapping paper. The sister said "ohh, thank you darling" and set it to the side. Her granddaughter said "no grandma! look at it now, look at it! Its for you I got it for you." So the sister carefully opened up the match box covered in wrapping paper to find 3 little coins, about the same worth as a penny in the states. She looked at her granddaughter and said that she had the biggest grin on her face and she said "I got it for you grandma." The sister broke into tears, and said.. it may not have been a lot, but it was all that she had, and she gave it to me. It meant more than anything else anyone could have given to me. 

I thought about how that applies to our father in heaven... a lot of the time we really don't have much to offer, we can't really give much.... but to Him, it doesn't matter the beauty or how big the gift is, just that we give to Him what we can. 

I know, just like this sister receiving a gift from her granddaughter was brought to tears with gratitude and joy, that our father in heaven is so full of love and is so happy when we give the little that we can. Whether it be time, or our talents. 

I hope you all have a great week!! 
I miss and love you all :) 

Don't ever give up :) 

With love, 
Hermana Speakman 


No comments:

Post a Comment