Monday, November 16, 2015

week 32 (11/16/2015)

Hey everyone!
This week flew by really fast! Sorry about last week I got a little distracted and wasted my time haha but, these past few weeks have been pretty great! 
I am still in Yukyry with Hermana Cornejo :) Things are going really well.... aside from the suffocating heat that makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. But hey, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or tanner... or one of the three right?
These past weeks our mission has started a new program to help us study more efficiently, our mission president put together folders for every mission with exactly what we are to study and where to find it for every day for the next 6 weeks. I have to admit, when they first gave us the folders I was a little upset not stoked to lose my study time, but these past weeks have helped me to really understand clearer doctrines and principles and reaffirmed my testimony that our leaders really are inspired of the Lord.
This week, was a little frustrating. We have a family that we have been working with for almost 4 months and they have been progressing very slowly, but these past few weeks they were progressing a lot better they were attending church, praying and preparing to meet the goals we had set together. But this week, they did the same thing as in the beginning and started hiding from us and telling lies through their children haha it was a little frustrating I'm going to be honest. I was a little mad, lost my patience.
At church we usually wait outside to greet the members and wait for our investigators to arrive to be able to bring them to the classes so they don't feel overwhelmed with new faces, but this Sunday we went right in and sat down to listen to the classes sure that no one would be coming.
About halfway through the class the door opened and I heard someone whisper "hermanas," one of the elders was calling us so we stood up and stepped outside and waiting for us was a family of investigators that we had just gotten to know that week, we had invited them to come to church on Sunday and they told us that they were going to be coming but, we thought it was in "wha'u" (a joke/lie in guarani). They came to church, alone, without us going to look for them and were able to attend all 3 meetings. The experience was, indescribable, it was a great reminder to me, that this is the Lords work. That he truly prepares the hearts of his children to receive the gospel, and that he gave every one of us our agency it is essential to his plan. I can't control the actions of others but I can control my reactions and I know that He knows each and every one of His children. We can't ever give up, through good times and bad this is "his work and his glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men" and we can be instruments in his hands to do the most important work possible.
I hope you all have a great week! Don't give up, don't get discouraged and always remember that the Lord has a plan. There is always a reason to smile. 

Thank you for all of your love and support!!
With love,
Hermana Speakman
Mark 8:35
"The best antidotes for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired."

ps: Happy birthday mom!!!! xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment