Monday, November 2, 2015

week 30 (11/02/2015)

Hello everyone!!
This week was a great week!! We focused a lot on keeping the commandments and how it blesses our lives.
 This week had me thinking a lot, about the commandments and about how in my house, I kindaaa kept them but not exactly. Something that I learned this week, if we want all the blessings from the Lord we need to keep His commandments, with all our hearts.
 The commandments may seem simple and may seem like a little thing to not keep them exactly but I know with all my heart that when we give all of our effort to keep His commandments, to keep the Sabbath day holy, to love our neighbor, to not lie, to pray everyday, to read the scriptures, to do the little things, the Lord blesses us and the sacrifice of Jesus makes up for the imperfections that we have.
An example are some of the members here in Yukyry, in their form of keeping the Sabbath day holy. They go to church and then go home and eat lunch all together as a family, then they go out as a family, sometimes just as a couple and start visiting the members that couldn't make it to church. 
I have seen the blessings that this service brings to their lives as they keep the Sabbath day holy and truly dedicate it as a day to the Lord.
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here on my mission, for the lessons I am learning and for the chances that I have to make changes in my life.
 I am grateful for all of you for your love and your support, I know that I have not always been the best example and a lot of the time I've been the opposite of a good example and I would like to apologize for that. But I am so grateful that the Lord brought me here to Paraguay, to save me and to change me. I hope to be a better example and I hope that you can all forgive me for my past mistakes.
I hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to do the little things.
With lots of love,
Hermana Speakman 

(ps if you struggle to remember to pray, make a prayer rock like we made here with Natalia (photo)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment