Monday, October 26, 2015

week 29 (10/26/2015)

Hey Everyone!! 
I hope you all had a great week! This week we had the opportunity to visit Natalia, a recent convert to the church. We have been trying to help Natalia and her family find the peace that the gospel can bring and the joy that can fill the home. It has been a hard year for this family, with one problem after another after another, and these problems have been taking their tolls on Natalia and her family. 
I got frustrated this week, not understanding why all of these things were happening to her, and why they were all happening the year after her baptism. It was frustrating me because we promise the people that the gospel can bring joy and peace to their lives, that it changes lives and that it has changed our lives. And it seemed to her as though the gospel was changing her life, but in the opposite way. I didn't understand how to explain to her what was happening because I really didn't understand either. After talking to our leaders, they made it so clear and simple to me I was embarrassed to have asked. 
The Gospel CAN bless our lives, the gospel CAN change our lives and it will, IF we keep the commandments. 
We can not make this covenant of baptism and expect everything to be perfect afterwards without an effort on our part, we have to endure to the end keeping the commandments of the lord. I know that this is true, I know this gospel is true that it brings peace and joy and that it brings salvation. 
I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!! Don't forget to keep the commandments even the smallest ones and He will bless you. 
Be strong and of good courage!!!
Love, 
Hermana Speakman 

No comments:

Post a Comment