Monday, January 4, 2016

week 39 (1/4/2016)

Happy New Years everyone! I hope you all had a great New Years, and a safe one. Here, it poured rain, an answer to prayers for all the missionaries haha not sure the rest of the families felt the same way. Rain=no fireworks=sweet uninterrupted dreams! ❤ What better way to start the new year ;) 


This week has been pretty great! Rough, but great. When we were out contacting this week, the people were a lot different than the week before Christmas, my companion and I were discussing why, and she said because Christmas is the holiday for the family, but the New Year is the "eat drink and be merry" party. Everyones hearts are focused on the things of the world. It was a little hard to have the strength and courage to keep talking to the people with the rejection and little mocking that we received. I was getting a little discouraged and frustrated.. then Hermana Martinez and I started talking.. and we asked "can you imagine how Christ must have felt?" He gave not just a year and a half of His life, not just 2 years, but His whole life, he died and he suffered, received beatings and was spat on by the people that he came to save, and he did it just the same. He loved them just the same, he cared for them, and us. 

As I started thinking more about what He did for us, for me, I remember the quote of Elder Holland that goes a little like: imperfect people are all the lord has had to work with, it must be terribly frustrating for him, but he deals with it, and so should we. 

I know that sometimes its hard, its frustrating, we lose our desire to work to help the people who don't give their part, but I also know that it is worth it.  And that, even if they aren't grateful... He is.  He is grateful for all your work, all your love, all your service. He is grateful for the time you dedicate in your callings, in your visits to those in need. So this year, lets keep hanging in there, keep giving our all, if not for them, for Him. Remember his love, and His sacrifice. This life is short, and its nothing more than a time to prepare, to learn and to grow.

Thank you for all your love, for your examples and your support! I love you all and I am grateful to have you in my life. I hope you have a great week!! 
With love, 
Hermana Speakman 



Burger King Girls..

No comments:

Post a Comment