Monday, June 22, 2015

week 11 (6/22/2015)

Hello! 

This week has been crazy, please forgive me for not writing last week, I ran out of time!
 I had to leave early to wash the eggs that got smashed on my head for my birthday out my hair... yea I guess that's something they do here haha! But this week has been really good. 
This Thursday we had the opportunity to travel to a city 4 hours away to have a devotional with a member of the Quorum of the 70, Elder Gonzalez. He is from Uruguay and taught us a lot of things, one of the greatest lessons that he focused on, well one that really stood out to me was the doctrine to, "Start with the End in mind." This doctrine can really apply to all aspects of our lives not only with us in the mission field. When we start a job we should always think about how our actions are affecting the final product, the same applies for us in the mission field. We should start with the goal of helping the people we are teaching prepare to make the life changing covenants in the Temple that can make their family a family not only in this life but in the life to come as well. 
Today, we had to travel to Asuncion to do some paperwork for my companion, and this lesson of the importance of the work in the temples was really impressed into our brains. We arrived at 5am at the church, and the building was open because their was a family preparing the funeral for their father. Their strength was amazing, you could see the hurt in their eyes and feel their pain but also their testimonies and their knowledge and faith that thanks to the ordinances their parents made in the temple, they will return to see him again after this life. They asked us to sing in the service a few hymns, and the spirit was amazing it touched the hearts of all those there. I am so grateful for this gospel for the hope and the joy that it brings to my life and the lives of so many others. This life is not easy, and never will be but with The Lord and his teachings, the burden is a little ligther and we have help to make it through. 
Prayer is essential! never forget to pray!! There is great power in prayer I know it and I want every single one of you to learn this truth personally as well. 
I love you all and I hope you have a great week full of joy and safety! 
Happy Late Fathers day to all the fathers out there and to my Father especially!! I love you and I am grateful for your example to me. 
Love you all! 
Love, hermana speakman 

ps (the picture is of me and my companions from the ccm, at the devotional with elder gonzalez, we were able to almost all meet up again for the first time it was a great 
blessing!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment